Envirolet VF 700B Cottage Installation Photo Set
We have created a great photo set of photos from a recent Envirolet VF 700B Vacuum Flush Composting Toilet System installation at a cottage on a beautiful lake in Ontario, Canada.
The VF 700B model features a below-the-floor drain exit on the toilet and an in-the-bathroom wall-mounted electronic flush switch. Envirolet VF systems only use about 0.5L of water per flush saving valuable clean lake water.
Note that this was not a typical installation. It presented some interesting challenges with some unique installation requirements, including:
• There was a distance of 50 feet (15m) from the toilet floor in the bathroom to the VG (vacuum generator) and Compost Unit that was to be located in a stand-alone shed.
• In the first 5 feet (1.5m) the drain traveled down from the toilet about 5 feet (1.5m). In the next 35 feet (9m) the drain line was ground level (below the toilet). For the last 10 feet (3m) it had to travel up about 5 feet (1.5m).
• The wiring for the wall-mounted switch had to travel this same distance to the VG Unit.
• The customer wants to be able to use the system occasionally over the winter. So, a special heat cable was added to ensure the drain pipe does not freeze in the Canadian winters!
We had a great day completing* the installation with the great help of the cottage owners and loyal Envirolet customers. This is their 3rd Envirolet toilet added to an ever expanding cottage.
* Not all was done. There are some things to still do or not shown in photos:
• Insulate the shed for the winter.
• Insulate the excess liquid drain line for the winter.
See all the photos and learn more about the Envirolet VF.